14 Nov Junior League Recognizes 2017 Rising Stars
Middletown, N.Y. (November 10, 2017) – On Thursday, November 2nd, nineteen individuals who either live, work, or volunteer in Orange County were honored at the 11th Annual “Orange County Rising Stars”event at Anthony’s Pier 9 in Newburgh. This incredible evening was hosted by the Junior League of Orange County, NY, Inc. (JLOCNY) and Leadership Orange and attended by 180 guests.
“This year’s Rising Star nominees are excelling in their education, businesses, military service and in their communities,” said Barbara DeStafeno, President of the Junior League of Orange County. “Looking forward, they have the potential to lead and inspire others, with courage and conviction to make a positive impact.”
Rising Stars recognizes men and women, between the ages of 21 and 40, who have demonstrated outstanding leadership skills in their community, from the public, private, non-profit and or volunteer sectors. Their valuable contributions positively impact the county’s quality of life, as they build on the progress of others who have made Orange County an attractive region in the Hudson Valley for families and businesses.
Karolyn Thompson, the Executive Director of Leadership Orange said, “This event is so special because it’s not about Leadership Orange or the Junior League of Orange County. It’s about paying tribute to the talent in Orange County and thanking those individuals who continue to make our county a great place to live, work, play and stay.”
Since 2006 the Junior League and Leadership Orange has been recognizing men and women in Orange County who are leaders in their professional or volunteer lives. In this time, 302 people have received this prestigious recognition. An independent panel selects the honorees based on demonstrated leadership and the impact the nominee has had on his or her organization or community.
Please join us in congratulating this year’s honorees:
· James Amend – StandBack General Contractors, LLC
· Thomas Amend – StandBack General Contractors, LLC
· Lindsay Carroll – Operation PJ Pride, Catholic Charities Community Services of Orange & Sullivan
· Alexandra Church – Department of Planning & Development, City of Newburgh
· Erik Collier – Collier Construction LLC and ACE Mentor Program
· Anna Croce – Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union
· Greg DeBuck – DeBuck’s Sod Farm
· Meghan Fescoe Hurlburt – NYS Senator Bill Larkin’s Office
· Charles Graham – Volum8 Creative Inc.
· Jasmin Gutierrez – 105th Airlift Wing, Air National Guard
· Christina LaPerle – The Daylight Savings Company and Toastmasters International
· Cullen Lyons – Congressman Sean Patrick Maloney’s Office
· Mark Pendleton – 105th Airlift Wing, Air National Guard
· Greg L. Roe – Walden Savings Bank
· Natalie Rostran – Orange County Veterans Department
· Rosa Stychek – Capacity Bookkeeping
· Margaret Treacy – Hudson Valley Honor Flight and Cornerstone Family Healthcare
· Abby Williams – Josephine-Louise Public Library and Boy Scout Troop 236
· Joshua Wojehowski – Fresh Cornwall (Café & Catering)